Checklist For The Roofing Process
- Keep your driveway clear for materials delivery & a debris container.
- Upon delivery, check shingles for color accuracy and damage.
- Park cars away from the home.
- Turn off automated sprinklers at least one day prior to work and keep turned off for the duration of the project.
- Move all outdoor furniture and potted plants from decks, etc. to the garage or safe area. Disable your alarm system; hammering and vibration may trigger alarms.
- Cover swimming pools and hot tubs.
- Make arrangements for pets to stay safe and out of harm’s way.
- Remove pictures, wall hangings and breakable items from shelves; hammering and vibration can cause them to fall.
- During work especially a tear-off you can expect some dirt and dust to fall into the attic. Please cover boxes and valuables with plastic or drop cloths.
- If you will not be home during the job, make sure the crew has a contact number (work phone, cell phone, etc.)
- Make sure crew has access to outside water and electricity.
- Nails and/or debris may be present around the perimeter of the house during work – please be careful until cleanup is completed.
- Keep children and pets away from work area. Use caution when coming or going from the home to avoid falling debris.
- Bad weather is always a factor in roofing jobs. On any given day, crews will not remove more shingles than they can replace or protect with felt.
- Although we perform a through cleanup when the project is complete, there is always the possibility of missed nails that have settled into the grass or fallen into bushes.
- If you have not received them, please contact us to obtain copies of your Workmanship Warranty and Manufacturer’s Warranty.
- Check gates/fences before letting pets back outside.